The following requirements must be fulfilled:
- The task of the German Biosecurity programme is to biosafety and biosecurity services of partner countries in
Africa, the Middle East, South Asia and Central Asia. We are therefore looking for applicants with an origin in these
- Professional experience of at least two years in either the public health or medical sector, preferably with
engagement in the management, prevention and control of infectious diseases
- A degree or proficiency in at least one of the following fields:
- Public Health,
- Equivalent life science disciplines,
- An endorsement document of the current employer confirming a minimum of a one-year contract duration following
completion of the programme is required. This endorsement should include an assurance that the GIBACHT fellow will be released from work for the three one-week workshops.
Advanced proficiency in English is required for all participants, for example: TOEFL Paper 550, TOEFL Computer 213,
TOEFL Internet 79–80, IELTS 6.0, native speaker, or completed higher education in English (with written proof). For applicants without proof of English proficiency, we intend to conduct phone
Internet access is required for the e-learning modules.
Successful completion of the programme will be certified only after:
- Successful completion of all GIBACHT e-learning modules
- Presence and active participation in all three workshops
- Active participation in the case study development process (during and in between workshops)
- Conducting the Scientific Exchange training at their home institution
- Completion of distance-based deliverables in a group
As spaces are limited, a two-stage selection procedure will be applied:
- The steering board of the programme will select the applicants to be admitted to the first eight e-learning
- After the completion of these eight modules, the best 16 fellows will be selected and admitted to the full
In order to apply for participation in the programme, please submit a completed application form along with the
required documents in the online portal at
Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please do not send hardcopy applications by mail.
Deadline for applications is 4 December, 2020, midnight CET.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Incomplete applications will NOT be